The West Coast music scene is a fractured mess of homogenized talent, centralized into private, thriving pocket communities which have generated enough self-sufficient interest and income that the artists which are apart of said community have no desire or need to move beyond these self-created confines. The crucible for the discerning Hip-Hop aficionado outside of these musical bubbles is this- How do we define and infiltrate these insular communities in order to reap the auditory rewards? (more…)
Some call it a genius marketing strategy, others call it career suicide. I’m not quite sure what to call it myself, but it seems as if Lil’ B is serious about naming an upcoming project, “I’m Gay” and announced the title during a performance at this year’s Coachella music festival. This isn’t really anything new from Lil’ B. He’s called himself a pretty bitch and threatened to anally rape Kanye West, so should we really be surprised by these kinda shock tactics?
I fucks with some of Lil’ B’s music (I’m God, Wonton Soup & Pretty Boy immediately jump to mind) and I’ve been known to cook on occasion (I do a mean Farmer) but I think he’s really pushing it with this one. From 100 bitches on your dick to I’m Gay?
I’m at once fascinated yet dismissive of Lil’ B at the same time just because of these kinda flagrant ploys for attention. It’s entertaining as hell and I’m curious to see how the notoriously homophobic Hip-Hop nation reacts but let’s be all the way honest, you can’t expect anyone to take this kid or his music seriously when he does shit like this.
– Gratuitous name dropping of random Celebrity/Hot Celebrity of the moment
– A beat that sounds like it was made by Lex Luger’s weed carrier
– “Make sure you show these haters my new watch”
– Mentioning “fucking bitches”, in this case in the mouth and THEN the butt… (the order is key here)
– Referring to the song as “rare” and how he is so positive and blessed
– “For real man, this watch was 69.99 in the back of The Source, i wanna make sure the bitches see this shit”
– Words that don’t really rhyme, and/or repeating entire verses
– A hook that is both unbelievably retarded, and at the same time catchy as fuck in it’s retardeness (it’s a word. google it)
– Obviously low budget video style with lots of white bitches in attendance
– “Yo let the beat ride for another second and get another shot of my watch”
So now that there is actually a Lil B song called “Sheen, Winning, (Swag)”, can we dead this Charlie Sheen bullshit? Seriously, I’m sick of hearing about it. Someone let me know when Major League: Cocaine & HGH drops, and I’ll be happy to steal it from the internet and sell shitty copies at work pretend I care again for 5 minutes.
Brandon, if u wanna make hilarious weirdo rap, here’s someone you could learn a thing or two from :